**Please note that it is the customer's responsibility to review all policies, terms & conditions
when booking with Once Upon A Time Parties, LLC
when booking with Once Upon A Time Parties, LLC
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Are you booking parties and events?
- Yes! We are cautiously booking party and event appearances so long as the party or event adheres to any guidelines put in place by the CDC or local government. According to suggestions from the CDC, gatherings should remain limited to smaller guest counts with only invitees who can be trusted to only come if they are not showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- What has changed on your end regarding new procedures due to COVID-19?
- We have communicated with our cast members to make sure they feel safe performing for parties and events. If a cast member is not comfortable performing we are allowing them the time to decide when they feel ready to perform again.
- All performers have been instructed to check their temperatures frequently leading up to their appearance. We have made arrangements to always have backup performers on-call should the originally booked performer test positive for or show any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19. Performers have been equipped with hand sanitizer and other cleaning products to keep with them during their transport to and from your party location. They have been instructed to sanitize immediately before walking in to your party and again after their visit.
- While we always make sure our costumes are sanitized, washed and steamed frequently we have invested in new cleaning products and are providing our performers with an on-the-go garment sanitizing spray should they feel the need to use it before or after an appearance.
- Activities during the character's visit are designed for minimal physical contact. We have temporarily suspended face painting and mini makeover services until we feel it is safe to resume. If a performer is attended with another member of our staff the attendant will handle any props such as story books, music speakers etc to avoid any passing of germs between guests and our cast members.
- As much as we love hugs we have instructed our performers to use minimal forms of personal contact as much as possible. Performers have been instructed to avoid kneeling or bending down to a face-to-face level with children as much as possible just as a precaution and to keep a generous personal distance when interacting with guests.
- What has changed on our end regarding hosting a performer for our party or event?
- We ask that when sending invites to your party or event consider how many people will be attending and if the invitees can be trusted to only come if they are showing no symptoms of COVID-19. Gatherings are encouraged to be limited to a minimal number of individuals especially if held indoors.
- At this time, our state government is not requiring masks to be worn however we do request that as a precaution masks are worn by guests who wish to come in close proximity to the character(s). We will not enforce this as it is not mandated by the state but please be aware the performer reserves all rights to social distance if they feel it necessary. In order to preserve character integrity and being that our performers wear heavy, heat-trapping wigs and costumes characters will not be wearing cloth masks. Should you feel more comfortable having the performers wear masks for your event please notify us as soon as possible. We provide our cast members with a clear performing face shield that will allow them to speak, sing and overall breathe safely while in costume. Please note- Performer masks must be secured before wigs are applied so if you request your performer to wear a mask it will remain on the performer during the entirety of their visit and will not be removed until they return to our headquarters to remove costuming.
- Please have an accessible place for the performer to wash their hands should they feel the need to at any time during your party. We also request that you allow your guests the availability to wash their hands as needed.
- Should you feel having an outdoor party is better during this time to allow additional space for personal distance we understand, however we do ask that you provided a shaded area or available cooled indoor space for the performer to utilize during their visit. Our costumes are made of high quality materials and sometimes multiple layers so it can become increasingly uncomfortable and unsafe for our performers to be in the summer heat for a prolonged period of time.
- Surprises are the best, but due to the circumstances we ask that you inform the birthday child and their guests of the character(s) visit and make them aware of the limited personal contact.
- As always our performers reserve the right to leave a party or event with full compensation should they feel their health or safety is at risk. This is part of our general terms & conditions agreed to when booking one of our characters.
- Once Upon A Time Parties, LLC has put in place preventative measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, regardless of precautions taken, due to the inherent risk of exposure that exists in any public place where people are present, it is impossible to guarantee that you and/or your child will not become exposed or infected with COVID-19.
By checking "I Agree" on our contact form when booking your party, you acknowledge the contagious nature and risks of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you and/or your child may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19.
- Are these new policies permanent?
- No these policies are not permanent. These policies are updated as necessary as we keep track of the progression of COVID-19. When the virus no longer appears to be a threat we will resume all services and normal operations.
- How can we help?
- Keep our performers performing safely by purchasing one of our virtual services priced between $20-$75, check out our 'Packages > Virtual Packages' tab for more info! These services can be gifted to a friend or family member!
- Sponsor a live story-time. We can go live or prepare a prerecorded story time for your online group.
- We can accept donations that directly help us fund live story times and events for the community. Donations can be accepted via Venmo: @OnceUponATimePartiesAL
- What if I have to cancel/reschedule my party or event due to COVID-19?
- As per our policy, all deposits remain non-refundable. For more information regarding our cancellation & rescheduling policies please see below.
- Because COVID-19 is unpredictable and considered a natural disaster or force of nature out of both provider and consumer's control we have adjusted our cancellation & rescheduling policies for bookings that are directly affected by COVID-19.
- Typically our policy allows 100% of monies paid to be transferred to a new date within a 90 day period of the original party/event date with a $20 rescheduling fee. Due to the uncontrollable spread of the COVID-19 virus we are allowing a 100% transfer of monies paid to any date within a one calendar year period from the original party/event date with any rescheduling fees waived. In this case any additional add ons made to the original package would require the appropriate fees. The package that has been booked will be transferred to a date of your choosing within the allotted time to reschedule. You will have the option to change the time and character as long as our schedule and availability allows. A new date can be chosen at any time but we do request that all rescheduling inquiries be made at least 4-6 weeks in advance from your ideal date so we can be sure to accommodate your booking. If you choose not to take advantage of the updated policy regarding transfers we will be happy to refund any amount over the deposit amount covered above and in our Terms & Conditions agreed to when booking your character appearance with us.
- If you choose to postpone or reschedule your gathering, you may opt for a private visit from your chosen character at the original booked date and/or time. If you would like to utilize the private visit but need to reschedule your date and/or time please let us know as soon as possibly so that we can try to accommodate your request. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to reschedule your date and/or time, but if our schedule allows we will not charge any rescheduling fees. The character will still perform their normal activities but adapt them for the smaller audience with more focus on conversation to fill the original booked time. *All remaining balances must still be satisfied before the character's visit or your booking will be considered cancelled for failure of final payment as per our policies.
- As a final option to utilize your non-refundable deposit fee, we will issue a gift certificate in the amount of the deposit fee in which we will mail for you to gift or sell to a friend or family member. These gift certificates will have an expiry of one calendar year from the original party/event date and can be used towards any of our in-person character visits. Travel fees, add-ons and any difference in selected package pricing will require the appropriate fees if applicable. We will include directions on how to schedule services using the gift certificate.
If you have any questions or would like to take action regarding your current booking please contact us. We are doing our best to take care of everyone and still function as a company, so we greatly appreciate your patience!
- As long as we are able to continue operation in the state(s) where we have bookings, we will fulfill the booking as normal while being cautious. If mandates such as the previous "Safer at Home Order" or other similar regulations regarding business operations are set in place by local government we will directly contact each of our customers to make arrangements for alternative services or reschedulings as listed above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why book Once Upon A Time Parties?
- The performers of our company can guarantee that your party or event will magical for all who attend. We can work with you on activities, songs, games and characters. We strive to make sure all clients are satisfied and all little princes and princesses are enthralled with our fairytale characters.
- Once Upon A Time Parties is in NO way affiliated with any theme parks or other entertainment corporations. All characters are based off of a variety of fairytale works and ideas that are public domain and have no rights with other companies.
- Do I need a deposit?
- Yes! All parties require a minimum $100 deposit. This is to secure your party date, time and performer. We will send you an invoice and booking contract through our online client portal reflecting all services scheduled and their appropriate fees. The deposit is due at the time of booking and a reminder for your remaining balance will go out the week of your party. Final payment is due upon receipt. If final payment is not made at least one week prior to the appearance date, you forfeit your booking and deposit. The deposit is non-refundable unless through cancellation by our company from emergencies.
- Should you need to cancel your booking all payments are 100% transferable to a date booked within 90 days of the original booking date however there is a $20 rescheduling fee that must be satisfied before services are rendered along with any other package fees that were not satisfied. *Availability may vary by date and character.
- When should I book?
- The suggested time to book a party is 4-6 weeks in advance. You are always welcome to submit a last minute request, but due to high demand, it is better if you contact us in advance to secure your party. Late booking fees may apply if we receive a request within 7 days of the party/event date.
- Do I need to tip?
- Gratuity is NOT included in our packages. It is not mandatory to tip, but if you feel your character has exceeded expectations, please tip!
- Should I hire a photographer?
- Absolutely! If it is within your budget to add a photographer to your party, do so! The photos you receive will be magical memories you can look back on later! We recommend Kat Caraway Photography, Admoni Photography or Jamie Roberts Portraiture. Ask us how to include one with your party package!
- What are your policies?
- All bookings require 100% of the balance to be paid before services are rendered. All parties require a minimum deposit of $100. This is to confirm your booking and ensure your requested date and time is available for you. All payments are non-refundable unless our company has an emergency cancellation then you will be refunded 100% of the deposit money paid. In paying the invoice, you agree to the terms and conditions and understand that this is a non-refundable payment. The remainder of the balance must be paid no less than one week prior to your appearance date, or we will cancel your booking.
- We may accept appearances on national holidays, however, a holiday booking fee of $25 per character will apply. Holidays subject to our holiday fee are as follows: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Holiday availability is not guaranteed.
- All hosts are expected to keep the time as our performers will not perform with their phones, clocks or watches directly available to them. Any time the performer spends over their scheduled time will be billed for accordingly to the party host/original booker.
- Our cast members can guarantee that your party will be magical, fun and exciting for all that attend. We offer a variety of storybook characters who bring the fantasies to life in a memorable and magical way.
- Character performers may vary from those in promotional pictures. Should you want a specific performer to attend your event or party, please let us know at time of booking. While we can't promise the performer you request will be the same for your event, we can guarantee that all performers are professional and will give your child a magical experience.
- It is not our intention to violate any copyright, trademark or licensing laws. Our characters are NOT name brand copyrighted characters, and are inspired from public domain stories. We only accept event bookings from those who are aware that we do not offer any licensed characters, nor do we work for or represent the Walt Disney Company or other entertainment corporations. **In the event that you require a licensed copyrighted character, you should contact the company and or copyright holder.**
- We reserve the right to refuse any parties or events that do not have the best interests of our performers, such as and not limited to dangerous environments, inappropriate party requests, far travel location, etc. The performers reserve the right to leave a party in the event of an unsafe environment, the arrival of law enforcement, offensive guests or the presence of drugs, smoking or alcohol.
- If your event takes place outside, please take note of the weather beforehand, as our characters may need shade, water or other precautions due to Mobile's hot and humid climate. If your event will be taking place outside it is suggested to have an alternative indoor location as a back up as we do not offer refunds for cancelled parties due to weather. If in the event of severe inclement weather, our company will notify any scheduled visits directly affected for rescheduling with 100% balance transfer to a future date within a one calendar year period, no additional rescheduling fees will be applied. Please reach out to us regarding a new date and time as soon as possible as our calendar books up fairly quickly. If we do not have your character available for the rescheduled date or time you may inquire about an alternative character however we cannot guarantee character or rescheduled date availability.
- Please note that our princesses are professional performers and are not responsible for taking care of or "babysitting" the children present at the party, and are simply entertainers.
- Our performers work solely for Once Upon A Time Parties, LLC and will not perform with other costumed characters or hired companies at your event or party. If there are other costumed characters that may cause problems such as other princesses or superheroes, our performers have the right to leave the event. This is simply to keep the magic for the children and keep our actors in prepared situations.
- From the moment of arrival until leaving the party, our performers will stay in character. Please do NOT ask questions about the costumes, company or performers' personal lives.
- Should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us through our Facebook, website or email.